January 22, 2013

Hannah in the light

Here are a few of the photos from the shoot I talked about in my last post. I am going to spread them out over a few posts....but these are some of my favorites. 

i am a sucker for golden light - the buttery bliss of the shimmering yellows, or the comforting low-tones of glowing amber. we should all be drenched in such light at least once daily. 


right now, as i write this, i am in Oakland - and tomorrow I'm driving to LA to go visit my brother and my cousin and some old friends. I totally forgot my camera (i know), so i will have to rely on my phone to snap memories on this trip. This past weekend I spent in Alameda (i love alameda!) with several generations of my family on my mother's side. it was really fun. i have a really good family. we laugh a lot and eat together and play a lot of games. the grandmothers and great grandmothers shower Asher in money and sugar, and they tell me stories of homemade bread and handmade dresses in the 1940s, of forgotten romances and bad investments, of all the things that might have been, of all the things that are and how they came to be. 

it is sunny and light here in the daytime. i have new tires and i got my oil changed. when I called Asher's teacher to see if it is okay to take him out of school this week, she told me that she could never teach him what i can teach him by taking him with me. 

and so we go. 

4 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures. :) i hope you have fun on your trip--i know you will.
    and i think that's a very cool thing for asher's teacher to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great teacher! So right :)
    Have a fun, memorable and safe trip. Hope you enjoy every moment, but it sounds like you're already doing that!
    Take care.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asher has the best teacher ever! Wish I could see the opening~ have a present for Seth
    X0X
    MG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asher has the BEST teacher, wish i could see the opening even have a present for Seth~
    xo
    mg

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thank you thank you for leaving them for me to read and love.